Monday, October 7, 2013

Follow My Journey Through Hell

October 7th 2013

Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor nor do I have anything to do with the medical field, so please do not taking anything I say as medical advice. My blog is about my experiences with topical steroids and topical steroid withdrawal and reflects my opinions only. Do not attempt what I have done without seeking proper medical advice.

Hi, my name is Dan and I have been unwittingly poisoned by numerous doctors with topical steroids over a span of  20 years. I have since learned that topical steroids (ts) should never be used longer than a two week period. Yet, somehow multiple doctors failed to tell me this information over a 20 year span of my life, all the while continuously renewing prescriptions for a super potent ts called betamethasone dipropionate ointment USP 0.05% right up until I finally diagnosed myself as being addicted to the drug in June 2013. I was able to figure it out due to information I found on the internet out of desperation. Mind you, when I say addicted, it may not be the type of addiction one might think. I'm talking about the body being addicted to topical steroids and the eventual hell one has to go through to stop the vicious cycle of ts use and it's damaging effects.

Topical steroid addiction is a little known hellish disease that the majority of the medical community so far has refused to accept even exists. There is such a huge amount of money involved it's no wonder they refuse to accept the truth. If dermatologists were to stop prescribing topical steroids they would likely be out of business. Or, perhaps they would have to resort to natural treatments for skin ailments. What a shame that would be. There probably isn't near as much money in that! I would think that most dermatologists know about topical steroid addiction (tsa), and they must be aware of what they are doing.How can they not know?

To summarize the process: Doctor prescribes a topical steroid (ts) to you or your baby for a rash. Any rash. TS seem to be the standard treatment for all skin problems. You start using it and the rash goes away. But, the rash comes right back so you keep on using the ts on it. Early on you develop what's called "topical steroid addiction" where your blood vessels get addicted to the steroids. The rash spreads, not only in the original spot you started treating, but in other areas on your body where you never used TS. The rash is now what's called topical steroid induced eczema. It looks just the same as normal eczema, but it's not real eczema. Because of this, most doctors mistake the rash for eczema. The rash starts spreading and continues to spread on the body over a period of months to years until no amount of TS will work any longer no matter what strength. At that point dermatologists will often then go to oral steroids or injections. These only mess you up more and severely compromise the immune system among other bad things. And, once you quit these, the rash rebounds even worse.

Betamethasone is a synthetic (man-made) corticosteroid that is used topically (on the skin). Betamethasone mimics the action of cortisol (hydrocortisone), the naturally-occurring steroid produced in the body by the adrenal glands. Corticosteroids have potent anti-inflammatory actions and also suppress the immune response. Corticosteroids have many effects on the body, but they most often are used for their potent anti-inflammatory effects, particularly in those conditions in which the immune system plays an important role. The FDA approved betamethasone in July 1983. Two of the ingredients in this drug are banned in both Canada and Europe. Yet the FDA says it safe for us here in the good ole USA! Those ingredients are a whole different story I will tell later.





No comments:

Post a Comment