Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Excellent & Affordable Price Available On A Good UVB Narrowband Home Lamp!

I had a recent flare starting around x-mas due to a change in laundry detergent I was unaware my dw made. This flare started around x-mas and didn't clear up quickly like they usually do when I fall back on my dss bath method. As the days progressed I had to start wearing gloves again as my eczema had spread. It also popped up on one arm and a leg, and then both legs, and a little on my forehead. The symptoms reminded me exactly of the times I had spent several days in motels and broke out in the same way from the laundry detergent they used. I have always used "All Free & Clear" because shit like Tide makes me break out.

After about a week of daily dss baths and my skin getting worse instead of better, I couldn't understand why my old reliable method of dss baths no longer was working. I got to thinking about it and a light bulb went off. This is the same reaction I have had on my skin in the past from sleeping in Motels on sheets washed in harsh laundry detergents! So, I checked what the detergent we are using reads, and sure enough, "All" made a subtle change to it and it read "Oxi Clean" & "Stain Remover" when it didn't use to. It still read "free & clear" though (free of fragrances & clear of dyes). So, I researched it, found the ingredients (very difficult thing to find btw), and sure enough it was a bunch of toxic crap. I then scrolled down and read a thread that confirmed my suspicions. See the first couple posts on the thread below....

Hope Scratchy and Itchy is Correct November 19, 2013
I have been struggling to figure out what has caused this unbearable itchy rash all over my skin. Then I remembered I tried the Oxi All instead of my regular All. After reading these reviews, it looks like I am on to something. Hopefully re-washing my sheets and clothes will result in a clear up as this is unbearable. How do companies get away with putting such irritants in clothing detergent?
— Itchy and Scratchy, Annandale, VA

Severe rash and ich November 03, 2013
If you sweat after washing with this product you will break out into one of the worst rashes you have ever had. Think of the areas of the body that sweat first and holy makeral you are in an ALL scratching/rash hell! It is embar
— Jkennedy, Hendo NC

Got Skin? October 30, 2013
Stainlifter oxi-clean, waterfall clean. Used for several weeks before breaking out in an unpleasant skin rash. Even when using a small amount of this stuff (is anyone dumb enough to use a whole cap-full of this gunk?), the product produces significant allergic dermatitis everywhere my clothes are pressed against the skin. Stopped using it and ran all clothing through a hot rinse, and the symptoms vanished. ALL should recall this stuff and sell it to the Syrians for use as a blister agent chemical
— Scratch and Itchy, Tucson, AZ

After seeing that I knew what had happened and why my hands were getting worse instead of better. As the shit started irritating my skin, it got only worse because I started wearing gloves again. The gloves had the detergent chemicals in them and I was unknowingly poisoning my hands much more. I was putting witch hazel on them and then putting gloves on and sealing them to my wet skin to make some oozing areas dry. After a week of this my hands really blew up. I can't F'ing believe it! Anyway, once I figured this out, I immediately washed all my clothes and bedding in a super long 2 cycle wash in hot water since it was late at night and I didn't have any other laundry detergent that was not so freaking toxic. I then made the decision to bite the bullet and start going to tanning salons (yuck!), so started looking into it. I know my healing slowed significantly when the sun disappeared in October and I didn't want to wait for another 6 months for it to come back. I want this shit gone and I want it gone now!

UVB Narrowband 311nm Lamp
I did a lot of research and this unit is the best quality lowest price handheld home unit available. See item number 221180408912 on eBay. It is brand new, made in Germany, and is the lowest price available for an effective UVB lamp. I do NOT recommend buying the cheaper ones from China!

UPDATE: This page is outdated.



3 comments:

  1. Funny, just the other day my husband was telling me I should look into getting a UV lamp for home. I prefer the tanning bed as when my TSW is over I have no intentions of ever going tanning again as I am sure I will enjoy the sunny warm days like I used to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy,

      Understandable. I guess it depends on what one prefers to do. I've never been to a tanning salon so don't have much knowledge of them but I hate leaving the house anymore than I have to lol. One big advantage for those who choose to use dss baths as part of their healing regiment is you can more closely mimic being at the Dead Sea if you have a home UVB lamp.

      And, $250 is very inexpensive for this particular model. Also one can resell it easily. I couldn't find a single used UVB lamp anywhere for sale. And, one can always keep it for those small flares that are going to inevitably pop up for a while after recovering. Not to mention other skin issues like what made people start taking TS in the first place. Take me for example. I'm not going to stop eating sugar and other things I enjoy for the rest of my life just to make sure I don't get an occasional skin rash. So, if I don't resell it I'll have it handy if I break out in a small patch.

      I looked at your recent pics on your blog and your skin looks SO much better! I'm really happy for you. It's good to see you enjoying life once again. Congrats on what you've done!

      Delete
  2. Tanning Beds versus Phototherapy Devices

    Phototherapy equipment primarily emits UVB radiation. This equipment is available for home use and requires a doctor's prescription. Some medical insurers even cover the cost. The tanning bed primarily emits UVA radiation. The two are not the same.
    Self Treatment Not a Good Idea

    The fact that the a myriad of respected associations such as the FDA, Centers for Disease Control, American Academy of Dermatology, the American Heart Association, and the American Medical Association discourage the use of tanning beds should be an indication that their use should not be taken lightly, especially when attempting to self treat a skin condition. The National Psoriasis Foundation strongly opposes their use as a treatment option for psoriasis and further cautions that if your dermatologist prescribes this as a last option for those that do not have access to light therapy, they should be closely monitored during the course of treatment.

    Read more: Eczema and Tanning Beds

    ReplyDelete